Did you know businesses in the UK waste on average around 20% of the energy they buy! Applying our top 5 tips to save on Energy bills is probably a lot easier than you think. Being energy efficient makes a huge difference.
Here are the 5 tips to save on Energy bills, starting today!
- Switch Lights off Switching off lights in unoccupied areas and making sure all lights are switched off at night. Changing to energy efficient light bulbs could cut your lighting costs by as much as 15% each year!
- When not being used, switch off computers and other appliances (don’t leave them on standby) Did you know that a single computer and monitor left on 24 hours a day will cost over £50 a year! So if you have just 15 computers in the office, that’s a saving of over £700 in the year! It might not be possible to turn off computers in the day but if they are not in use at night turn them off. Also printers and scanners should also be turned off when not in use.
- Control your heat Why lose up to 35% of the heat from your office through the walls and up to another 25% through the roof when you could install cavity wall and loft insulation? Double-glazing cuts heat loss through windows by 50%.
- Turn the heating down Inefficient heating and cooling are often the prime reason for high energy bills simply reducing the temperature by 1ºC can cut your heating bills by 10%. Often in a business environment simple heat saving tips can be employed that will save money.
- Cost Comparison Did you know the price of energy has been on the rise for a number of years now rising around 9-10% each year? Comparing the energy market for your business is really worthwhile and you could make some great savings!